How we impress with our body language is not only important, but necessary … to make a good impression, do not you think so? Within the very first moment of meeting with someone, we can not help wondering about the intentions and too often – the credibility of the other person, whether we decide to strike a business deal or a relationship – or not at all! Here, the way we present ourselves, particularly the manner we communicate non-verbally in those first cruel moment of meeting someone new … could make or break, a potential business relationship.
Let it be known that there are some people who use it – not to communicate only, but also to entice and possibly seduce the objects of their dreams and desires. To be able to get the people they fancy, into their world and hold them within – never to let them go, is so challenging! Such seducers certainly know the art of body language! Am I one of them? Let me use your imagination.
Interestingly, here are some positive ways to use your body language to communicate your intentions and credibility – to your advantage, which can set you up for success any time.
- Hold your posture – To begin with, have your back straight, but not rigid and your shoulders relaxed, so as not to look so upight.
- Remember to greet the person you are meeting, with a firm handshake. Probably, this is one of the most important body language moves, as it sets the tone for your entire conversation.
- Be knowledgeable of the different cultural greetings and closures, prior to your meeting.
- Align your body with the one you are speaking to, in order to show that you are engaged and not easily distracted.
- Lean forward to give an impression that you are focused and are really attentive.
- Maintain good eye contact, by looking at the other person in the eye when communicating. This will show that you are interested in the conversation.
- Monitor your voice – Do keep the tone of your voice low and do not you end every sentence as if it was a question. Learn how to pronounce your words well and clear.
- Use your hands to gesture when the need arise whenever you are speaking, to improve your credibility with the listener. Gesturing with your hands while talking, can improve your thoughts.
- Keep a positive head with appropriate nods and genuine smiles, to let the other person know that you do understand, agree and are listening to his or her opinions.
- Observe the body language of the other person, as he or she may be communicating with you through it and perhaps he or she intends to conclude the conversation finally.